1. Light the match first and open the tap the gas device afterwards.
2. Do not leave the room without checking that there is no risk of the burners going out because of liquid spilling on to them or because of draughts.
3. Gas water heaters or cookers should be installed by qualified personnel under the terms of Article 55 of Ministerial Directive 361/98.
4. As provided for by law (Article 13 of Decree-Law 521/99 and Ministerial Directive no. 362/2000) gas installations must be inspected by an INSPECTION BODY, which will issue the corresponding inspection document.
5. It is recommended that the inspections mentioned in number 4 above are carried out periodically, every 5 years, or whenever there is any suspicion that something could be amiss.
Butane and propane gas have a special product added to give it a characteristic odor.
If you smell gas, please proceed as follows:
1. Extinguish all flames immediately.
2. Do not switch electric switches or circuit breakers on or off;
3. Turn the safety valve handle to the closed;
4. Air the room by opening doors and windows;
5. Contact rolegás immediately. If you can’t get through, call the emergency on-call number, giving your gas group number.